Can you say paradise?

Can you say paradise?

Shawna and I took a local bus (actually three) through the weaving bumpy roads to the entrance of the Great Himalayan National Park (GHNP). This little paradise was just what I needed. We where the only tourists in the little fishing town with only three or four guesthouses.

We spent our morning by the riverside relaxing then started a short hike to a nearby waterfall. This place cannot be described in words. In fact, I didn't say anything to Shawna when we got there, I just stripped down to my boxers and ran into the waterfall. After a few minutes of the heavy cold shower I felt rejuvenated (and numb).

Cute old lady from our walk home
Cute old lady from our walk home
Most amazing waterfall in India
Most amazing waterfall 
We both couldn't believe what a gem we had just found. Complete quiet except for the birds singing and the waterfall crashing down, just being there was a meditation in itself. I mean this place was inspiring, it literally made Shawna burst into song. As we sang our way home we met a beautiful old lady who was trying to speak to us. She spoke in an unknown language and used many hand symbols. I smiled and nodded a lot and understood a little.

We got back just in time for some fishing. Shawna went first because she was (apparently) experienced. First throw got stuck on a rock in the middle of the river. I saved the day by missioning out and freeing the poor rock. Next the master fisher was up (by master I mean I have tried fishing before and never caught anything). Anyways, long story short, it was the end of an era - I caught a fish! I won't mention that it was too small or that I wasn't exactly sure what to do once I had caught it. We never caught our dinner but we still got to eat that night.

Fishing!
FISHIN!


The next day we trekked into the beautiful Great Himalayan National Park. We stopped in a local village for chai that overlooked huge valleys big enough for dinosaurs. I took photo's for Shawna's new Calgary yoga business - GumbyYoga. (If your interested in doing Hatha yoga in Calgary Shawna is your girl, check out her website, http://gumbyyoga.blogspot.ca/, for details and schedule)  Our guide showed us many local plants that were used for everything from making juice to brushing your teeth with. We were hoping to see a leopard (didn't happen), but we did see a cool large sloth-like creature that is apparently pretty rare. We did get to see a hippo (technically it was just a rock that looked like a hippo, but one can dream). That was a long and exciting day. 

Hike through the GHNP
Hike through the GHNP




Shawna and I then parted ways in the next city. Shawna was heading back to the land of beavers and ice hockey. I was heading into the mountains (again)...




Back to the mountains for me!
Back to the mountains for me!

Namaste for now,

- Eland

Ps. Don't forget to LIKE our Facebook page - Let Live Travel Inc.






No comments:

Post a Comment